Recently some of our readers have been asking for ideas about what they should name their mobile notary business. What is a good name for a mobile notary public business? Here are a few ideas:
First of all, consider how your clients will find you in the search engines. What keywords will they be searching on? It’s common for notary employers to search on a term like:
find a Los Angeles notary
where do I find a Los Angeles loan signing agent
Two types of keywords stand out here as particularly vital:
1. Keywords identifying your service or specialty. Will your clients be looking for a “notary”, a “mobile notary”, a “loan signing agent”, or some specialized service like “jail notary services”? Choose a term that best describes what your client is looking for. You might want to do some keyword research to see which way of describing your service is getting the most search volume.
2. Keywords identifying your geographic location. This is what distinguishes you from notaries in other parts of the country offering similar services with similar names.
So a combination of your geographic location with a description of your service or specialty is a good starter formula for a business name.
But what if there is more than one notary in your area offering similar services? Here is where you can make yourself stand out by refining how you describe your services. Ask yourself questions like:
- Is there a particular specialty you can offer that has less competition in your area?
- Is there a specific industry you can focus on?
- Are there special services you can emphasize to make yourself stand out, such as service at odd hours?
- Is there a narrower geographic region you can target?
You can use the answers to these types of questions to refine the basic starter formula suggested above. So for instance, by modifying the basic formula:
Los Angeles notary services
you might come up with something like:
24-hour Calabasas loan signing services
If you serve several distinct markets, you might even consider operating under more than one business name.
I hope this helps you brainstorm some names for your business. And if you have any suggestions for your fellow notaries on how to name their businesses, please feel free to share your ideas and experiences by commenting!