After you become a mobile notary public, you need to let your market know your services are available before you can get any business. There are various methods you can use to promote your services.
A first step is to know what types of businesses you have the best chances of promoting your services to.
Loan signing companies account for 80% of mobile notary public jobs. If you can cultivate a relationship with a loan signing company, you should get steady work. You can find many free lists of loan signing companies online. Unfortunately, most of these lists are not screened screened carefully to weed out outdated contact information and shady practices. Use lists that are screened by reputable associations, and make sure to research any company before doing business with them.
Closely related to loan signing companies are financial institutions, real estate agencies, title companies, and escrow companies, which are other top sources of mobile notary public jobs.
Law firms also employ mobile notary public services. Although most law firms have notary public specialists on staff, it is often more convenient for them to employ mobile notaries.
The health industry also has high demand for mobile notary public services. Top health industry employers of mobile notary services include hospitals, convalescent homes, and nursing homes.
Jails and bail bonds offices regularly require mobile notary public service.
Marriage licensing services offer another stream of mobile notary work.
If you can specialize in one or more of these markets, you will find it easier to focus your promotions on specific targets and increase your odds of attracting business.
When promoting yourself to your target market, there are a number of methods you can use:
- Start by letting your family, friends, and acquaintances know that you’re in the mobile notary public business, and tell them to let anyone who’s looking for mobile notary services know you’re available
- Network with potential employers by joining mobile notary public associations
- Pass out business cards
- Post flyers, a strategy which works particularly well at convalescent homes and nursing homes
- List your service in Internet notary directory listings
- Set up a website and promote it to boost your ranking in online local business search listings
- List your service in the Yellow Pages
- Call companies in your target market
- Send direct mail to companies in your target market
- Cultivate repeat business from clients who need mobile notary services regularly
- Cultivate referrals by asking your clients to refer you to others who might need your services and giving them incentives to make referrals, such as discounts, bonuses, or commissions
Following these strategies will help promote your services and make your mobile notary public business a success.
Read our mobile notary public tips page for more ways to grow your mobile notary business!