Where can you find mobile notary jobs? There are two keys:
1. Knowing what to look for.
2. Knowing where to look.
1. Knowing what to look for
The first step is to know what types of employers you’re looking for. Here are a few major types of businesses that frequently employ mobile notaries:
- Loan signing and reverse mortgage signing companies, along with other markets associated with mortgage loans, such as financial institutions, real estate agencies, title companies, and escrow companies
- Law firms and other law-related markets, such as jails and bail bonds offices
- Hospitals and other health-related markets, including convalescent homes and nursing homes
- Marriage licensing services
2. Knowing where to look
Once you know what you’re looking for, where do you look? Here are some tools you can use to find businesses in specific industries:
- Online local business directories like Google Places and Yahoo! Local, and business review sites like Yelp. In addition to the big directories, don’t forget to look for smaller directories based in your area, which you can find by adding your geographic location as a target keyword to terms like “business directory”.
- Online general business directories like Jigsaw.
- Business social networking sites like LinkedIn.
- Your local Book of Lists.
- Directories of professional associations. You can find these listed in Thomson Gale’s Encyclopedia of Associations (EA) and Encyclopedia of Associations: Internal Organizations (IO), The National Trade and Professional Association Directory, or online directories such as associationcentral.com or the Internet Public Library’s Associations on the Net page.
- Directories of consumer magazines and trade journals. Standard Rate and Data Service publishes Consumer Magazine and Business Publications directories which are particularly useful.
- Directories of newsletters. Consult the Oxbridge Directory of Newsletters. Working Press of the Nation also has a useful volume on Internal Publications, covering internal employee newsletters.
- Other specialized directories.
If you use tools like this to assemble a list of potential employers, you can then begin promoting yourself by email, mail, and phone calls, using some of the strategies outlined elsewhere on the NotaryCRM blog.