If you found us here, you most likely are looking into becoming a notary in Atlanta, Georgia. We’ll help you every step of the way!
Here are the state qualifications in order to become a notary in Atlanta: You must live or work in Fulton County, and you must be least 18 years old.
Now we can move on to the application process. Georgia has an all-online application. The process is fairly straight-forward. To get to the online application, follow these steps:
- Click here to access the application web portal.
- Choose Fulton County from the drop-down menu, then click ‘Next Step.’
- Open the WebTest PDF.
- Make note of the three-digit code displayed on the PDF, close the PDF.
- Enter that code in the box provided and click ‘Continue.’
- Under “Application Type,” click “New Application.” Click “Next Step.”
- Carefully fill out all of the fields and don’t forget to enter two references under the fields “Endorser 1 Information” and “Endorser 2 Information.”
- Click “Review Application.”
You will receive confirmation of your approved application in the mail.
Now that the application is filled out and submitted, you’ll can put in an order for your Georgia Notary Handbook. This important handbook contains information you’ll need do your job as a Notary Public, including:
- An explanation of Georgia notary laws
- Basic notary guidelines that you use everyday in your duties as a Notary Public
- Helpful tips for use while performing a notarial act
- Requirements for proper notarizations
- Professional responsibilities of Georgia’s Notaries Public
- A Quick Reference Guide
To order your handbook, you can print out a .pdf order form here, fill it out and mail it, along with a $10.00 check or money order made out to GSCCA, to:
1875 Century Blvd. Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30345
And that’s it! Simple enough, right? When you receive confirmation of your approved application, and you have received your handbook, you can start your new business as a Notary Public in Atlanta, Georgia! Get out there and start networking! We always love hearing success stories, so don’t forget to drop us a line and let us know how you’re doing.